5.26.2009

My Dream Concert Crumbling

All tour details for Blink 182's reunion tour have been released on Mark Hoppus' blog and this is turning into a sick practical joke.

As expected, Weezer and Fall Out Boy are splitting the tour's opening duties with Weezer taking over on a swing from the east coast across down through Ohio and Missouri and over to Cali. They're joined on this leg by Taking Back Sunday and at some point Asher Roth's broke ass will join up. Fall Out Boy will be with Blink most of the rest of the dates, except the opening date of the tour in Vegas, when they'll be joined by Motion City Soundtrack. They are, of course, my favorite band and Mark Hoppus produced their 2nd album Commit This To Memory. Other opening acts include All-American Rejects, something called Chester French and Panic At the Disco.

So, to recap, barf. All of the moving pieces of this tour have made it impossible to see these guys without sitting through a band that I hate. Of course the best date is the Vegas date and I sure as hell can't afford to go to that. If I go to the show at the Xcel I'll have to focus so intently on not cutting myself during Panic's set that it'll talk all of the fun out of ripping on the little punk kids. My best bet is to take a road trip to KC or St. Louis and catch a favorable combination of Blink, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday and that thing called Chester French.

Boo.

No comments: