1.15.2008

Not quite...

I was recently cool enough to be in two fantasy football final games at the same time. Confidently, I predicted a victory in my free league and a loss in my money league, mostly due to my wicked awesome lineup vs. my crappy waiver wire lineup.

Since I was already guaranteed $300 I figured what the hell, I'll play my gut and start Maroney and Barber for some U of M fantasy action. If I was gonna go down in flames against Romo and Westbrook I'd at least represent MPLS while I did it. Well, Barber ran for 110 and a touch, Maroney decided to show up for the last game of the season and ran for 156 and a touch, and Silky Garrard, who I really think I might be keeping, threw for two scores and ran one in. Braylon caught two and suddenly my mediocre team is looking pretty powerful. I won, 127 to 112. $600 bucks is a great Christmas present! How much did you make, chump?

Unfortunately, my outside shot at winning the right to come to your house and kick you in the nuts and take your dog because I'm so awesome didn't pan out. I lost in the finals of my ESPN league and took second. So I'm cool, but not 100% wicked bad ass. I'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After a gut wrenching loss last night by my beloved Pack im sure you and your Viking faithful are all laughing saying that you knew it would happen. Well, lets remember these points:
1) The Packers have the youngest team in the NFL
2) Favre received 1 MVP vote which shows to many around that he still has game
3) Ryan Grant is a stud
4) The Packer D will only get better

Why am I writing this? Combo of bordem and im sick. Oh yeah im in the finals of my fantasy league which we play throughout the playoffs and I won the regular season.

Saturday is a big day of life!!!